It seems pretty fitting that the first blog post of The Fisher House would be a food item. I mean let’s be honest, around here we shape our days by the menu on the board and what may or may not be baking or brewing!!
Do you remember all those countless hours you spent searching Pinterest for that perfect recipe? Oh wait, you’re doing it right now! Well sister, you can stop scrolling and start rolling in the dough…the bread dough that is! Because I have the most perfect, delicious, spongy, buttery, comforting bread I think I have made in years!
Just look at that melty buttery oozy goodness in those nooks and crannies… since I’ve got your tummy growling, lets get to it friend!
A little side note: This yields 2 large loaves and two mini loaves, because isn’t anything mini just down right adorable!!
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups oat flour (I blend old fashioned oats in the blender)
2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2-3 super large ripe bananas
1 cup unsalted melted butter
4 large room temperature eggs
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup milk (I use almond milk)
1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded Zucchini (I used 1 very large zucchini)
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour 2 bread pans and 2 mini bread pans.
- Combine all ingredients in stand mixer with beater attachment except for the zucchini and pecans. Beat in mixer for 1-2 minutes until fully combined but not over mixed.
- Coarsely shred zucchini using shredder. Place in a large cheesecloth, tie together and squeeze all excess water out of zucchini.
- Fold in pecans and zucchini until well combined.
- Pour into bread pans and bake for approx. 50-60 mins. (Not all ovens are created equal so my personal tip is to always set timer 10 mins short to check bread and then add additional time as needed)
- Serve bread warm or as we like to put a little touch on it and lightly toast It in the toaster oven with some butter!!
This bread also freezes super well for up to 3 months. If freezing, cover in Saran Wrap, then wax paper and place in an air tight freezer bag.
*There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking these links or purchasing items recommended by me, I will receive a small compensation, at NO extra cost to you. You can rest assured if I am recommending a product, I love it! As always, thank you for supporting The Fisher House!!*