Some blog posts need an introduction.. and then there’s some that just need you to get down to the nitty gritty… or should I say, ooey gooey!! This past Friday I made one of my life time, all time, no better time, year round F A V O R I T E S, and I am most certain this will be another one you can thank me for later 😉
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means, if you purchase something from a link provided, I will receive a small commission. This is no extra cost to you! As always, thank you for all your support!
3 large (room temperature) eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
8 oz room temperature cream cheese
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 10 x 15 baking pan with any non stick spray and then line with parchment paper.
- Using kitchen aid mixer (or any hand mixer) beat eggs. Then add sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Then spoon or pour into pan. Spread out evenly onto entire pan using a spatula.
- Tap pan onto floor to even out mixture.
- Bake for approx 15 mins or until cake is set.
- While cake is baking take a tea towel and place flat out onto counter. sprinkle powdered sugar all over towel.
- When cake is done, take out of oven and while still hot carefully flip cake over onto towel and remove the parchment paper.
- Roll up cake inside the towel starting at the narrow end of the cake. Fold in towel on the edges and place into refrigerator (for approx 45 mins)
- while cake is cooling, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla until fluffy and smooth, approx 2-3 mins.
- Take cake out and unroll. Spread cream cheese mixture covering entire cake. Roll up cake (without the towel) and cover in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Once ready to serve sift powdered sugar onto slices and ENJOY!!!
- Tip: Prior to cutting I find it beneficial to freeze for about 10 mins to make cutting easier!!
The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will rejoice over you with singing and quiet you with His love. Zephaniah 3:17